Our wasp, hornet, and yellow jacket pest control specialists will take care of these stinging pests that are surrounding your home or business.
Merlin’s Wasp, Hornet & Yellow Jacket Removal
People often call every stinging pest a “bee,” but this is incorrect. Wasps are similar to bees, but also differ in many ways.
- Have slender bodies along with smooth, shiny skin, and dangle their legs as they fly
- Omnivorous and prey on flies, caterpillars, crickets, and other small pests
- Far more aggressive than bees and will attempt to feed upon human food as well
- During the warmer months, wasps are considered pests as they disrupt many outdoor activities or events
- Can become especially bothersome if they have created nests around your home
- Depending on the type of wasp, their nests can be found in holes, beneath houses or decks, and in walls or lofts
Hornets are the second largest species of wasps and are known for their massive, enclosed nests, which can be found hanging from a tree, shed building or attached to a house.
- Dark black bodies with traces of yellow or white
- They primarily feed on other insects, but will occasionally consume fruit, sap and even bees
- Much more dangerous to control than other types of wasps
- They protect their hives by stinging intruders and their stings are more painful to humans than others
- Do not die or lose their stingers after the initial sting which allows them to continue stinging a human if they feel they’re a potential threat
A yellowjacket is a type of wasp that is extremely aggressive and can sting a human up to 7 times when slightly provoked.
- Scavengers who swarm through the air in search of food for their colony
- Attracted to sweet, sugary substances such as decaying fruits or human garbage, which makes it difficult for people to eat outdoors
- A colony of yellowjackets can be found in protected areas such as in hollow logs, tree stumps, man-made structures, and holes in the ground
All wasps, hornets, and yellowjackets are dangerous to approach and eradicating their nests could result in a vicious attack. In all cases, only a professional wasp exterminator should be called to treat and properly remove all types of nests if possible. Also, it is important to consult a professional in the event that someone has an unknown allergy to these pests.
Merlin’s wasp, hornet, and yellowjacket pest control team of expert exterminators are standing by to prevent your family from being stung!
We offer our exclusive BEE FREE GUARANTEE program, which ensures that your entire building is free of stinging pests for an entire season. Without releasing company secrets, we treat the entire structure of your home or business, from top to bottom, in order to eliminate any existing nests, and to prevent new nests from being started. Call us today and we will get rid of these dangerous stinging pests!