Effective Bird Control Products, Deterrent Devices & Methods in Bridgewater, NJ Such as Spikes, Wire, Netting, Traps & More!
Birds help make nature beautiful but when fecal dust enters living areas or spaces get contaminated by fungal spores, it can become hazardous to our health. Today, the pigeon is the most serious bird pest associated with human habitations. The nests they build on buildings or homes can be bothersome and cause problems. Nests can clog gutters and lead to water backup that can cause structural damage. They can also clog ventilation systems creating fire hazards. Droppings are acidic enough to dissolve paint, erode metal, damage your property and can cause stonework and concrete to crumble. This is powerful stuff! Roosting birds can also be noisy and their constant cooing is sure to quickly become annoying. Bird control is a unique problem that requires special methods to control and deter these pests.
Best Roosting Bird Control Products & Methods such as Spikes, Wire, Netting, Traps & More
1. Bird spikes or anti-roosting spikes will prevent birds from landing on your property. They are long, needle-like rods used for bird control that can be affixed to street lighting, building ledges and commercial signage. These spikes make it impossible for the birds to perch or roost. Bird spikes do not harm or kill the birds.
2. Tension wiring is a spring-tensioned wire system that is designed to create an unstable landing area. It’s discreet and one of the least visible methods in bird control. The wire is nylon-coated and attached to stainless steel posts at different heights and intervals. The posts are either secured to masonry or anchors that are attached to the structure.
3. Shock track bird strips are flexible electric tracks that will shock the birds when they land on it. They can be installed on many surfaces and the birds will get a short shock when they touch down. This will cause the birds to avoid the area with the negative reinforcement the birds receive to change the birds’ behavior.
4. Nylon Bird netting can be used to protect vertical, sloping or horizontal surfaces by keeping birds away from fascias and ledges. Bird netting is discreet and used in many urban environments. It comes in many gauges and colors to best suit your needs.
5. Trapping programs can be effective. Traps that have a single door work well and will allow the birds to enter but not leave. Usually multiple pigeons can be trapped in a single trap. Food is placed in the spot you plan on setting up the traps for a few days. After a few days place the trap and leave the door open without setting the trap so they get used to it. Keep a fresh supply of food for them. Once they’re inside the trap others will be attracted to it making it easier to trap more of the birds. When large numbers gather and the birds are used to it you can set the trap. The birds will need to be taken far away from your home after they are trapped. Pigeons are intelligent and will find their way back if they’ve been roosting in an area for a while.
If you don’t want pigeons around your home, you shouldn’t feed them or have a supply of water for them. The best way to take care of a pigeon problem if to use preventative measures like bird spikes, strips, shock tracks along with traps to remove them and stop them from coming back. If you can keep them away, you won’t need to clean up after them. Contact Merlin’s Pest Control if you’re dealing with nuisance birds or other pests around your property.