Early Spring Pest Control in Bridgewater, Branchburg, Union, Morristown, Ringwood
First, we would like to extend a very warm welcome to all of the customers of Jim’s Pest Control of Long Valley serving Long Valley, Chester, Califon, and Mendham. As of April 1st Jim’s Pest Control has joined with Merlin’s Pest Control. We are very excited by this event and look forward to meeting and being of service to all our new friends.
As the influence of Spring increases and generally travels north from Flemington, Branchburg, Bridgewater, Union, Morristown to Ringwood we typically notice the larger pests first. The carpenter bees, carpenter ants, as well as termite swarms are usually the first calls we receive. From our website we have the following info:
- Carpenter bees are the largest in size.
- Carpenter bees build their nests in pieces of wood such as roof overhangs, fences, siding, decks and porch railings.
- The entrance to their nest is typically a ½-inch hole that leads to a hallowed out tunnel where they store their food and lay their eggs.
- Carpenter bees do not actually eat wood, only nest in it, and they often become aggressive when protecting their home.
The characteristics of a Carpenter Ant:
- Large in size, ranging between ¼ to ¾ inch in length Black with some yellowish or reddish coloration.
- Carpenter Ants do not eat wood, but rather excavate galleries in the wood for nests and resting places.
- These ants never seem to stop excavating, which can cause serious damage to the wood structure of your home.
Subterranean termites are the most common type of termite in New Jersey, aggressively feed on wood and can become an expensive pest
- In order to survive, these termites need moisture, so they remain in contact with soil or congregate aboveground in damp, wet areas
- Build tunnels to colonize and explore their surroundings in search of food
- A typical colony can have up to 2 million members
- Feeds on the wooden structure of your home, wallpaper and plastics, including insulation and piping
These ARE NOT DIY type pests, professional assistance is almost always required.